How we collect information about you
We collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. When you visit our website, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
In addition, if you open an account, we may collect contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team, and results when you respond to a survey.
You may choose to turn off all cookies, which you can do through your browser. If you turn cookies off you may not have access to many features that make your experience efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain safety of your personal information. You personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. We do not store credit card information provided to our website, rather we use the services of PayPal as our payment gateway provider. Other service providers are governed by their own privacy policies and you should refer to their policies at your own discretion.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customise, measure, and improve the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and transaction history;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us, you may choose to opt out as follows;
- If you receive email marketing email from us you may select “unsubscribe” to remove your email address from our database,
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that you do not wish to receive any marketing material from us, or
- Phone, 03 5448 2400 and advise one of our customer service representatives, or
- Write to us, VEA Australia/New Zealand P/L, 111a Mitchell St, Bendigo, Vic, 3550.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who help with our business operations such as, bill collection, marketing, and technology services.
- Banking partners.
- We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can contact us about privacy questions.
Should you have any queries, concerns or wish to make a complaint, you may contact us as follows:
Mail: Privacy Officer, VEA Australia/New Zealand Pty Ltd, 111a Mitchell st, Bendigo Vic 3550